Friday, January 9, 2015

Love Notes



Here is a Valentine card made with the Heartstrings paper pack, the January Stamp of the Month set called "This Moment", and then Hello Wonderful Stamp Set.

I embossed the Heartstrings background paper with the NEW Heart Embossing Folder then sanded over it to make the hearts stand out.

I got the original inspiration for this card from a sketch at Aliciabels's Challenge Blog. However, in place of the bow, I used the same swag I used in previous cards. Reason being, I stamped a bunch of them and fussy cut them while watching a movie Saturday night. I got a little carried away with them. I might try this sketch again with a bow next time.

I stamped the circle with the Hello Wonderful stamp in Whisper Gray ink. Then the "I Adore You" from the same set in Black. The Love Notes is from the January Stamp of the Month Set. All stamped in Black and heat embossed with clear detail EP. 

I used a Sparkle Black Flourish and a silver Sequin with an alcohol marker, hand colored, clear sparkle in the middle. I wanted to add a third element of the lagoon to the card. I used the Lagoon Hearts Washi tape for the border.

Other Challenges for this Card:
DL.ART Thankful Thursday - Use Red
Tag Along - Use Washi Tape
Crafting Musketeers - Valentine
The Crafting Cafe - Lots of Layers
Sisters of Craft -  Anything
Inspirational Challenges - Note

9 comments:

Nancy Ball said...

Your card today and yesterday are both GORGEOUS, Nancy!

Taunya Butler said...

Super great card - love the techniques you used and the great details you added to make it sing!!!

DIANA L. said...

Very pretty I love your paper choices. I love it.
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #148 “USE RED” challenge, Have a Blessed day, DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Pia Larsen said...

Love the off-set position of the black scallop circle behind the sentiment.
Thanks for playing with us at INK for our "Note" challenge.
Pia xx

Shauna said...

Wow! There is so much technique that went into this card. Great design and I love the Valentine's color combo. Black and red have always been a favorite of mine! It is wonderful having you join us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

Nonni said...

What a gorgeous card, I love the collage look and all the gorgeous details! Thanks so much for joining us at Inkspirational. We have just begun with a new challenge, "Ombre". I hope to see you playing along!

Fran said...

Lovely card, thank you for joining us over at the Crafting Musketeers this month , Fran (DT) x

Gill McCall said...

Such a lovely card, thanks for joining us in THE SISTERS OF CRAFT monthly challenge. Good Luck. Gill DT

Dawn said...

Gorgeous card Nancy! Love all the detail! Thanks for playing in our Lot's of Layers Challenge at The Crafting Cafe this month!
Good Luck & don't forget to join us next month too!
HUgs
Dawn xx