Monday, July 26, 2010

You're Great - Easel Card - Sweet Sketch Wednesday + Tutorial


I made this card for my grandson's 1st Birthday. This is the baby and his sister that I take care of during the week while his mommy and daddy work. My daughter thinks she is so lucky to have me, BUT, what she doesn't realize is that I'M the lucky one to be able to do so.


Here's my little Birth day Boy.

I got the inspiration for this card from another great sketch over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday. The sketch is the front, but I made it into an easel card.
The papers are from the Magic Moments Paper pack from Close to my Heart.
The stamp is from a set of clear stamps from CTMH called "You're Great."
The Hand Stitching is done with Matching Embroidery Floss.
The Happy Birthday is from a stamp set called It's Your Day.
The Dark Blue Sparkles are so new that they won't be available for purchase until September 1st.

PRODUCT TUTORIAL
The name "jeffrey" was made by using the Lots of Dots letter stickers. The are white and the dots on them are a residt. So, I colored the letters with the matching ink pads and a sponge dauber. The easiest way I found of coloring the letters is to remove them from the alphabet sheet and stick them to the plastic bad they come in. I use a spong dauber to color each one, then wipe over them with a tissue to remove any excess ink from the dots and also from the plastic bag. I then just remove each letterfrom the plastic and place it where you want it.

If you like this card, papers, embroidery floss, and stampset, you can just follow the links above to order them directly from my website.

9 comments:

Arlana 11426 said...

Your elephant card is adorable. such a fun easle card. We love your fun stitching . loys of work on your part. Thanks for playing along @SSW!!!

Kathie said...

Hi Nancy I adore your card, love the image and the colours you have used. I love how you have handstitched your card. I do cross stitch so I know it's a lot of work. But it is so worth it as it's for your grandson and he's just so adorable I could give him a cuddle right now. My baby turns 9 on Friday but I do get heaps of cuddles from him. Thanks so much for joining us this week at SSW and I do hope to see you next week. Love your card.
Kathie - SSW

mulberry station said...

I love your adorable easel card. It is super cute and is just perfect for your grandson....which is super cute too! Your colors are wonderful and so is your image! Thanks for joining us!
Nancy SSW

Jackie Randolph said...

ADORABLE!!! Both your card and your grandson!!! Oh I just adore this image, wonderful papers and color combo. This is a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at SSW!

Jeannie said...

What an adorable little baby boy! Your easel card is just as cute as can be - awesome job!

Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

sweetbloominscraps said...

What an adorable easel card. I love that sweet elephant and you colored him up so cute. Thanks for playing at SSW!

Simple and Sweet said...

What a darling easel card! You did a fabulous job coloring the image and the colors are just perfect. Thanks for joining us this week!
Erika - SSW

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

What a sweetie!!! Love the card and that sentiment is fantastic!!! Thanks so much for playing at SSW.

Deanne :)

Crystal said...

Hi Nancy!

It's a beautiful card, and I love the photo of your grandson.

Crystal