Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Welcome to the August Stamp of the Month Blog Hop. This is the first SOTM from the NEW FABULOUS, Fall/Winter Idea book. It's called Baroque Borders and has limitless possibilities!!!
If you've come her from Pamela's Blog, you are on the right path. If you just happened upon my post, then you can just continue along from here.
My card today is made using the new Moonlight paper pack. This is a great paper for Halloween or any fall projects.
Me & two of my downline got together the other week and played with this set.
We started with a square piece of CS, folded in the corners to the center, stamped it and layered with papers and added a flap to the front.
I stamped one of the stamps onto a canvas Badge Button for the closure along with some of the new Harvest Assortment of Baker's Twine.
I added Opaques Pearl Flourishes. I didn't have ours yet so mine are from another company.
I stamped the NEW "A" size stamps called Bountiful Season. It was stamped twice. The leaf was colored on the stamp using daubers on both. On the second one, I added clear detail EP and heated for a brighter color. Then cut out the leaf and mounted with foam tape.
The inside of the card was decorated with the Moonlight B&T. The center of the card uses another piece of a plainer colored B&T from that pack then the Baroque Borders was stamped on it as well and Happy BIrthday from the 4 Friends stamp set.
Now, head on over to Wanda's Blog and see what great project she has to show you.
Monday, July 23, 2012
These pictures and what I did with them tell a story.
Last Saturday, the last day of convention, my brother lost his battle with cancer and passed away. Two days later, the Groom's mother passed away. A year ago, the grooms son died. All three of these people are in this layout. Because of the deaths in that family, I decided to frame the layouts and present it to them at the after funeral dinner.
I changed the color of the roses to yellow since those were in the brides flowers. I LOVE Un-Du. It easily took the pink roses off with no damage. I also added lots of pearly swirls to make it look more like wedding pictures. I also removed the flip flaps and put the photos right on the layout.
I wish I could have found 13" x 13" instead of the 12 x 12. It would have framed it much nicer. But, these were all I could find on such short notice. Actually, I would have loved to have found a 12 x 24. That would have framed up much better then two separate frames.