Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sensational Season


I hope you all are enjoying the nStamp of the Month Blog Hop. The hop is in the post after this one. This is the third card that I didn't get finished in time to get a good picture of it. I couldn't scan it because of the big flower on it. 

The inspiration for this card started with a sketch from Clean & Simple Stamping. OK, so I got carried away and didn't keep it clean and simple. I guess that's just not my style. I sometimes don't know when to stop.

My card is 5" x 7" and was made eusing the Miracle Paper Pack. I just love the blues and greens in this pack.  I stamped the sentiment, bunny and basket from the Sensational Season Stamp of the month. Clear embossed all & Colored them with Copic Markers and cut them out.

The flower was made with 6 scalloped circles made with the new CTMH 2" Punch. The leaves are from a Sizzix die.

The Hand Stitching was done with Colonial White Embroidery Floss and I added a light Green Sparkle in each corner, And a Sweetleaf bow in the corner.

Then to top it off and add a little more sparkle, I added the Glitz Gel to the tips of the flower and the eggs.

Other Challenge Blogs this card was made for:
All Sorts - Make your own flowers
Crazy for Challenges - Use flowers
Crafty Catz - Friendship
Fun at Fairy Knoll - Felling Green
Fussy and Fancy - Embossing
Paper Cutz - Spring
Paper Garden - Spring
Patties Creations - Make own embellishment
Wags 'n Whiskers - Punches
CCEE - Distressing
Pals Paper Arts - Scallops (flower)
Paper Play - Sentiments as focal point
The Paper Variety - Stitching

21 comments:

Peggy Lee said...

wow you just knocked off my socks!!! beautiful work.

Carla said...

Wow, you hand stitched those edges... so beautiful. I don't know if I'd have the patience. You card is gorgeous. I love all your added details. Your leaves and flower are beautiful. Thanks so much for playing at the PPA. Hugs,

uksharon said...

Fabulous card - detail is fantastic.
Thanks for joining us at PP this week.
Best wishes, Sharon

Pattie G said...

What a pretty card! I love the handmade embellishment flower and the image too. Thanks for joining us this week at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge.
Hugs ♥

Suzie said...

A gorgeous card and a beautiful sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz this week. Hugs Suzie x

Sandra DeFalco said...

Nancy, what a beautiful card, I love your flower!Well Done!
Thanks for playing in our challenge!
♥ Sandi
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
and Pattie's shop
Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

carol said...

oh how beautiful this is,lve the flower!, thanks for playing along with Craftycatz, x carol

Haley D. said...

Gorgeous card!

Cathy at Paper Garden Projects said...

Such a lovely card - love the flower and the color combo and the image is just delightful.

Thanks for playing along with the Paper Garden Projects challenge.

Gabbi said...

Such a beautiful card Nancy. Very different with so much to look at. Thank you for sharing it with us at fussy and fancy.

brenda said...

Hi there Nancy

What a lovely creation, such pretty colours and adorable image.

Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts Challenge this week and good luck.

B x

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Great card the colours are fantastic!....

Thanks for making your own flowers this week for the Allsorts Challenge

Emma xxx

Dori Shelton said...

Oh my gosh!! I love the stitching around the edge, it is so unique,I love the decorative border it creates. Beautiful leaves and flowers also.

Aunty Sue said...

lovely card and thanks for joining CC this week

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is absolutely beautiful!! I just love your colors and springy design!! Thanks for joining the Wags n Whiskers challenge!

Cindy said...

Just Beautiful!

Nalazoo said...

Nancy - I'm always impressed by your elegant stitching and composition. Gorgeous as always!

Adeline E. Brill said...

wow - what a beautiful card!

Natacha said...

Wow what a great card!! I love the embellishment that you made. Thanks for joining us at Patties Creations Design Challenge.

btw love the ctmh stamp set used. I'm a fellow ctmh consultant!!

Krista Ritskes said...

Absolutely lovely.

fleurty scrapper....Linda Fleur said...

This is one of the most beautiful cards I've seen!