Sunday, October 26, 2008

Take Flight

This is another card I made for Christmas Last year.

The is a 3.5 x 8 card.

The red background was done using the resist technique.

Using a piece of Glossy Cardstock, I inked the poinsettia stamp with VersaMark ink and stamped it randomly over the entire piece of glossy paper.

I then inked up my rubber brayer with cranberry ink and rolled it back and forth over the glossy CS re-inking when necessary to get full coverage.

I let it dry for a few minutes and took a tissue and wiped off the excess red ink from the glossy.
This reveled the stamped imaged that was stamped with the VersaMark.

Let it dry for a few hours or overnight.

Whipe over it with a used dryer sheet to eliminate embossing powder from sticking where you don't want it.

Ink then Poinsettia stamp back up with the VersaMark Ink and stamp it randomly three times on the glossy in a triangular pattern.

Cover with white embossing powder and shake off excess. Heat with Heat tool.

Liquid applique was added to the branches and also to the top scallop of the card then heated slightly to puff up.

I then went over it with a glue pen and added some glitter.

No comments: