Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Fall Favorites - Class Card 1

I hope you all had a wonderful Labor Day Weekend. I'm still wondering where the summer went. 

Well, since Fall will be here very soon, here are some fall inspirations. These are two of the three cards my club will be making this month. I have a few changes to make on the third card before I can post it. I have a major headache this morning so those changes may take a while. Both cards feature the CTMH September Stamp of the Month. You can see the stamp set here. This set can be yours for only $5.00 with an additional $50 purchase. Or buy it for only $17.95 with no other purchase necessary.
.

This first card is my favorite. It is a 5 x 7 card using the most of the stamps in the set. The inspiration for this card came from one my dear friend Krista made. 
I stamped the scarecrow with the Smokey Plum Pigment inks, new to the Fall?winter catalog. The smokey Plum is in the Enchantment collection. I then covered it with Clear Detail Embossing Powder and heat set it. This gives it a raised affect. This card shows how this set can be used without coloring in the images.

The word fall was stamped by making a puddle pad with Autumn Terracotta, Olive and Honey Re-Inkers.

The flower was cut from the CTMH exclusive Cricut Cartridge, Art Philosophy, then stamped with one of the stamps in the It's Your Say stamp sets. This is the National Stamping Month special and is only available  until September 30. Cost is only $5.00 for both sets with a $35 order.

The fence was made with a MS punch then layered with a piece of Burlap Ribbon where I trimmed off the stitched edgings and pulled out some thread to fringe it. I used the cut off stitched binding and made a know and attached it to the center of the flower.

This post is getting very long so I will post the next card in a new post.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I love your second adorable SOTM card!! The elements are so perfectly woven together. Just love it!!!