Tuesday, January 1, 2013

CTMH January Stamp of the Month Blog Hop

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Well, do to a misunderstanding on my part, I was not on the blog hop list this month. But that's OK. I'm just so excited to use this stamp set this month.

Can you believe we're into a New Year already! Where did 2012 go. Well, the best thing about the New Year is this fabulous Stamp of the Month from Close to my Heart called Happy Valentine's. The beautiful thing about this stamp set is that the roses can be used for any occasion.


My card today is a very simple one using the SOTM, Happy Valentine's along with the La Belle Vie paper pack. 
I stamped the single rose twice and colored them with the CTMH alcohol markers in Smokey Plum and copic in greens. I cut the flower from the second one and layered it with foam tape.
I colored the bitty pearls in the center of the flower with the Creme Brulee Alcohol marker and the pearls at the top of the card with the Smokey Plum marker.

The sentiment was stamped with Versa Mark Ink. I then applied white embossing powder and heated it.

The stitching at the top of the card was done by hand using Embroidery floss that matches the Bamboo cardstock.

I made a bow out of mauve ribbon. It matches perfectly with the flower even though it doesn't look like it does in the photo.

I have lots more ideas for this set so come back soon and see what other creations I come up with.



Other Challenge Blogs for this card:
There She Goes - Sponge inside die's
Loves Rubber Stamps - Anything Goes


7 comments:

Andrew said...

Lovely card Nancy as always have a great new year Andrew

Casandra Bennett said...

This is very pretty. I love the stitching, embossing and coloring.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Wow this is so beautiful and the colors just pop right off the card, I love it. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Laura Love said...

WOW! What a STUNNING card! Your color choices are PERFECT! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Loves Rubberstamps this week!

Shanna Shands said...

Wonderful card. wonderful combo of techniques used to make this. Thanks for playing with LRS.

Jacqueline Smith said...

Wow what an awesome card, love all the details on your card! Thanks for playing with us at Loves Rubberstamps!

Jacqueline Smith said...

Wow What an awesome card, love all the details on your card! Thanks for playing with us at Loves Rubberstamps!