Score Big with Embossing folders from CTMH

The Close to my Heart Embossing folders are like none other. Watch this video to see how fabulous they really are.

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Reverse Masking Technique


This is card number two of this month's card class. This card teaches the reverse masking technique. I cut the tree, the size I wanted, from the center of a piece of white cardstock. I removed the actual center tree portion and was left with the cardstock with a hole the shape of the tree, making the mask. Using some repositionable tape, I layered the mask over a piece of white Cardstock, the size I needed, and taped down. Then taking two of the smaller snowflakes stamps from the Frosted Card Kit, I randomly stamped the smallest one with Juniper Ink, then repeated the larger one with New England Ivy Ink. I then went back and used the smallest stamp again and second generation stamped it with Juniper to fill in any blank areas of the tree. Before removing the mask, using a sponge dauber and Desert Sand ink, lightly sponge the edges of the tree. Now, carefully remove the mask and you have the shape of the tree on your white cardstock. 

I then sponged the edges of the white cardstock with the Desert Sand ink for a more aged look. I wrapped Red Bakers Twine around the base of the card twice and tied a bow. Layer this piece onto a piece of Ruby Cardstock and then all onto a card base. 
Stamp Peace and Joy in Ruby Ink

I took some of the self adhesive clear sparkles and colored them with a red Copic Marker. and scattered them on the tree.

The snowflakes around the card were punched from the silver glitter paper.

The star is a corrugated cardboard shape from a retired pack of embellishments. I swiped the VersaMark embossing ink over the raised area of the star and covered with gold embossing powder then heat set it. I then added the Almond Glitz Glitter Gel in the recessed areas.

1 comment:

Jean said...

Nancy, this is just stunning! Thank you for sharing all the directions as well. I like masking but it is not one of my better skills. I've been doing a bit more lately and it's getting better. I hope to find the time to try this one....even if it for next year. Hugs, Jeanie