Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Oh Holy Night



Last week, I had some of my club members ask for a card for next month's class using the Oh Holy Night stamp. So, last night I had this idea in my heard. Now, lots of ideas in my head don't come out as I envision it. But this one actually did.

I started off by deciding to use the Yuletide Carol paper pack. This paper is so versatile it can be used for any occasion. 

On my clear block, I put together the baby, Mary, star and Shepherd from "Reason for the Season" stamp set. Then stamped them with Champagne ink on Colonial White paper.

I decided to put tan, green and purple together for this card. So I over stamped "Oh Holy Night" on New England Ivy and then heat embossed with clear detail EP. The purple I used is Smokey Plum. 

I colored the crystal swirl with the GY235 Sap Green ShinHan Alcohol Marker

Once I knew what I wanted, I searched for a sketch challenge that would enhance my idea. I found it at Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.


Other Challenges for this card:
Pinspirational - Inspirational picture (Nativity scene)
Party Time Tuesday - Anything


5 comments:

Stephanie Marie Brown said...

Love the Oh Holy Night with the nativity in the background. going to scrap lift that idea. Hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving Nancy!!!

Dana Joy said...

Fantastic project. Thanks for playing with us at Party Time Tuesdays!

Bonnie said...

Great card! Thanks so much for participating in our Party Time Tuesday Anything Goes Challenge.

Nance E Salkeld said...

Very beautiful card! Thanks for sharing it at {PIN}spirational challenges!

Deanne Clarke-Saunders said...

Gorgeous card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper