Sunday, August 9, 2009

It's Your Day



This stamp set just wasn't my style and I almost didn't use it at all. However, while hopping through the blog hop on the 1st, I saw cards that were so cute. So, because I needed to make my granddaughter a birthday card today, I decided to play with it.
I actually had to make two cards so my daughter had one to give also.

Stamp set used is "It's Your Day" the August 2009 Stamp of the month.
I also used the Animal Cookies Paper Pack.
And on the second card, I used the Foam Die-Cut Numbers. I didn't want to heat it and impress a stamp into it, so I just used an embossing folder from my Cuttlebug to give it a little added dimension.
The cake and candles have glitter on them.

1 comment:

Sheila Bennett said...

Your cards turned out really great. This stamp set hasn't impressed me much - but your cards are cute. I really like how you used 'words' as cake layers in the second card.